Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Routine!

4:00am. Good morning darkness!  I passed out on the couch last night at 7:45, or so I'm told. I guess I was tired for some reason! I feel rested today though. Up again at 4:00 for pilates. I use a resistance ring with my pilates, I can feel it really working my inner thighs and arms while I do these exercises. These early hours aren't as bad as I expected them to be. I feel more awake when I get to work now! Which usually was a difficult thing to do when you need to be at work at 6:00. I've got a 45 minute drive out to my geology site, so being more awake is welcome

For dinner last night I made scrambled eggs (2 eggs with 2 egg whites) with bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, olives, and diced turkey. 
For dessert :) I had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. Oh so delicious. 

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon and truvia
Mid morning snack: banana
Lunch: Lean Cuisine and Dannon light and fit yogurt
Mid day snack: cup of motts all natural applesauce (no sugar added)
Dinner: light chicken Marsala over 1/2 cup brown rice 

It's important to have meals planned out and that are easy to make because it helps to keep you from eating whatever is in front of you. If you have meals that are planned out oand partially prepped it's so much easier!  If I'm going to have stir fry, I'll chop up the veggies the night before and put them in a container in the fridge. The next day, all I have to do is cook the chicken (or you can use beef or tofu) and dump the container of veggies into the wok. Easy peasy. 

I'm not looking forward to my run tomorrow morning, bright and early! But I know I'll feel better afterwards.  

Until then!

HB!  

3 comments:

  1. Good Job Jessie!!!! Eat some protein in the afternoon though -- striong cheese, lunch meat, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE skinny cow! Sandra showed me your blog so I'm creeping! It's awesome! You make me want to get off my couch...
    Loves,
    Nicole Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha! I love it. That's what this blog is meant to do. And to keep me accountable. Skinny cows are amazing!

    ReplyDelete