Monday, January 4, 2010

Day One...How I hate you treadmill.

Today is January 4th, 2010. I have six months, almost to the day, to get down to my goal weight, and get the body that I'd like to flaunt up and down the beaches of Cabo! I've wanted to tone and get in shape for a good while, but I haven't had any motivation. Well, I'd say a wedding dress and a beach are plenty of motivation!

Today I started my weight loss/shape up plan. I printed off "running for weight loss" from Womens Health Magazine online (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/running-for-weightloss) for a start. It's a 6 week program where you run or walk/run-which is what I'm doing- and you gradually build up to running for 30 minutes straight. That might not sound like a lot, but you get on the treadmill and run for 10 minutes and tell me how you feel! Unless you're already in shape...but I'm not. The program also has a meal plan with it, so I printed that out as well. It seems pretty reasonable. I downloaded livestrong for my iPhone, it tracks the calories that you eat, so hopefully that will help as well. I really like to eat. Pretty much everything actually. I think that will be my biggest struggle. My fiance agreed to work out with me as well. We're doing a competition, kind of like Biggest Loser. Hopefully he doesn't poop out! We bought a treadmill, some free weights, a fitness ball, and a yoga mat. Today I walk/ran for 20 minutes like the chart said to. It wasn't too bad. The treadmill we have is a beast. I look at it, and it feels like I'm looking at a beafy personal trainer who's going to yell at me and make me do push ups.

As I come along delicious and figure friendly recipes I'll post them. Oatmeal is good for breakfast. Today though, I made coffee and mixed it with a muscle milk light. It turned my ordinary coffee into a mocha breakfast drink. Delicious. For lunch it was a Lean Cuisine because I was lazy, but tonight I'll make one of the meals from the meal plan and bring it to work.

Wish me luck!

The Hungry Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment