Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Becoming a yogi.

Wake at 4:10am. Move to couch. Pet cats. Close eyes and wait to hear coffee maker turn on. Finally 'wake' up at 4:30. My friend Tessa is coming over at 5:00 to do some vinyasa with me. Ahhhhhhh. So challenging but relaxing when it's all over. I think we're going to do yoga Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have this app on my iPhone that plays soothing music so we put that on and focus on our breathing and poses. It gets pretty intense towards the end. 

I haven't been sleeping well! I think I've been waking up at night because I'm too cold.  I don't know, but I need some good rest! I was fine during yoga, but now all I can do is yawn. I think I'm in for a long day. Good thing I've got dinner planned and prepped! Yay. 

Dinner last night was not satisying. Remind me not to listen to Jared again for dinner ideas :p. As temped as I was to eat something else that tasted good, I asked myself if I was hungry...nope. Full of food I didn't like. Oh well... I'll be satisfied tonight! 

Food for today
Bfast: oatmeal (again) and coffee
Lunch: lean cuisine
Snack: orange, banana, and turkey roll ups (turkey slices with bell peppers in the middle)
Dinner: lime & pepper chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies. 

What I love about this dinner is that the marinade for the chicken (lime juice and fresh ground pepper) is less than 50 calories. Total, not per serving. So you get all the flavor and not the calories. And, the chicken only needs to marinate for 30 minutes. I cooked the brown rice Sunday, when I made light orange chicken, so there's no wait on that. I love brown rice, but it takes 45 minutes to cook! I'm hoping, if Jared helps me, it will only take about 30 to cook, not counting the marinating time. 

I've been practicing being a wife. Haha. I cooked and cleaned the last two days with out asking for help, but I'm pretty sure Jared knows it's time to help out. He thanked me profusely last night for doing it. Which was nice! 

I really miss my treadmill! I hope the part comes soon. Maybe since I'm changing up my work out routine it will help me avoid a plateau.  I wonder, can you hit a plateau by eating the same foods? I basically eat the same kind of foods each week. Just mixing up the days. Hmmmm. I'll have to look that up. If you have any foods that you love that I'm not eating and you think I should try, let me know!

Until tomorrow,
HB

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, don't eat couscous, unless you like eating garbage. Then help youself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Israeli couscous is much better. Even Jared loves it. Make sure you get a good flavor though. I'll make some for you sometime!

    ReplyDelete